- This event has passed.
Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) Course 7/17/23/23 (2 – days): VIRTUAL
July 17 @ 8:30 am - July 18 @ 4:30 pm$740.00
Are you the U.S. owner or consignee, or the U.S. agency or representative of the foreign owner or consignee of the food offered for import at the time of entry, as confirmed in a signed statement of consent? If you are either of these entities, you are an “importer” as defined by FDA and you are subject to the FSVP Rule. FSVP is an FDA ruling that importers must have in place to verify that their foreign suppliers produce food in a manner that provides the same level of public health protection as the preventive controls or produce safety regulations in the United States. This FDA ruling is intended to ensure that the supplier’s food is not adulterated and is not misbranded with respect to allergen labelling. This official course curriculum was produced by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA).
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Overview of FSVP & Preventive Controls/Produce Safety
- How to Conduct a Hazard Analysis for FSVP
- Evaluation and Approval of Foreign Suppliers
- Foreign Supplier Verification
- Re-evaluation of Foreign Suppliers
- Importer Identification at Entry
- Record Keeping to Comply with FSVP
- FDA Oversight—What it Means to You
- Path Forward Considerations
- Importers of human and animal food in the U.S.
- Facilities that directly import human and animal food
- Personnel responsible for the implementation of FSVP
- Buyers, food safety managers and consultants
This virtual course will be held online. Program hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Course instructional materials and certificates of completion are included. Early registration is recommended. Please call:1-844-CFS-FOOD.
Early bird discounts available for registrations 30 days or more in advance. An additional discount is offered for 3 or more participants from the same organization. Please inquire about additional discounts that may be available.