- This event has passed.
Food Defense 10/6/22 (1 – day): VIRTUAL
October 6 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$345.00
This interactive course examines issues and challenges that might arise at a food facility from intentional tampering, terrorism or sabotage. Participants will learn to develop and implement a food defense program that prepares them to handle intentional contamination, workplace violence, and other crisis situations at their facilities.
The seminar provides a framework for solid food defense planning that can be tailored to individual facilities. Issues addressed relate directly to new customer requirements, the Food Safety Modernization Act, and GFSI benchmarked audit schemes.
This course will also focus on how COVID-19 affects food safety, and what measures your company should take to protect employee health and safety. We’ve also included back-to-work strategies (food safety focus) based on the CDC and FDA guidelines.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The difference between food defense and food safety
- The requirements of the Bioterrorism Act, C-TPAT, FDA security guidelines, and FSMA.
- The elements of a food defense team, plan, and policies and how to apply those elements in writing examples of food defense policies.
- How to complete a vulnerability assessment and choose appropriate countermeasures to mitigate the risks identified
- How to devise a crisis management program and create crisis scenarios that can be tested at your facilities
- How to assess your current employee training program and prepare training sessions for employees on the topic of food defense
This virtual course will be held online. Program hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Course instructional materials and certificates of completion are included. Early registration is recommended. Please call:1-844-CFS-FOOD.
Early bird discounts available for registrations 30 days or more in advance. An additional discount is offered for 3 or more participants from the same organization. Please inquire about additional discounts that may be available.